IM BACK BRINGING THE BEST FOAM ROLLING INFO!
Tag someone who foam rolls!
1. Foam rolling is not rolling back and forth over a big region.
2. We find and hold the tender spots
3. To stimulate the nervous system we grind the spots back and forth an inch
4. Don't lift up to move, keep all your weight into the spot
5. As you hold against it grind back and forth a tiny bit
6. Focus on what you feel is the hardest spot
7. As it breaks down you will feel it go to a new layer
8. Each layer presents a new hard region until none are left
9. The deeper you go the softer the tissue becomes
10. As it all becomes soft you'll know it's all been released
This takes minutes to do. We challenge and stress these muscles for hours on end, so it's amazing it releases in such a little time. Be patient and watch the magic happen. You have to think about it. You have to focus and relax while breathing. You have to want it like anything and you can't give up. Your body doesn't give up until you force it to.
Its time we take a dose of our own medicine and embrace it for the benefit of our body.
Comment with your questions. Don't be shy, I'm here!
Thanks everyone. Have a weekend to yourselves.